Monday, May 24, 2010

I'm A Little LOST in Ruffles


So, yesterday was the LOST series finale and, oh there was drama. Apparently, Comcast went out in the Seattle area about 15 minutes into the final episode, which we realized when the DVR stopped recording about 45 minutes later... Dani called and yelled and we ended up in Kirkland at one of Nate's friend's houses watching his DVR'd finale (thank GOD for DVR). And then, I really am not sure what I thought about it. To protect those of you who have not seen it I will go into NO details, but it was a little confusing... Not that that is anything new, but... I was a little LOST.

Before the LOST finale-ness Dani and I hung out watching the SIFF movies Nowhere Boy and I Am Love. And let me just say, Nowhere Boy was effing brilliant! The 19-year-old kid who played John NAILED him. Really, a very, very powerful performance. Plus I loved that John "Imagine" Lennon was such a badass in his youth. Plus the kid from "Love, Actually" played Paul and he was super adorable! And he can sing! And Kristin Scott Thomas. I mean, enough said, right? She was (and always is) BRILLIANT!

I Am Love was a little more... um, I think the technical term is "art house", but I would go with artsy fartsy... It took itself waaaay too seriously and although it was absolutely drop-dead gorgeous to look at and Tilda Swinton was near-perfect, the story as a whole was really lacking a core. There didn't seem to be any reason why you were watching this thing... frustrating.

But overall, I think 3 out of the 4 movies I saw this weekend were really good. Winning weekend, for sure.

For all my running around to sit and watch I wore my BDG dark denim jeans from UO, Sam Edelman reptile shiny bronze pointy-toed flats from Loehmanns in NYC, ruffled grey Fossil tank and navy & cream polka-dot Parfait ruffle cardigan from Nordys.

1 comment: