Sunday, September 19, 2010

You Win Some...

shirt: Gibson from Nordstrom, jeans: j brand from Nordstrom, shoes: BP from Nordstrom, accessory: ring from Panama, bejeweled bracelet,
After a looooong day at work yesterday I was able to go home and take a few hours' break before heading out to Five Gold Rings (in the POURING RAIN).  And the time off?  Lovely.  The rain?  Not so much... the fact that the rain made a repeat appearance tonight on my way to Breaking the Code?  SIGNIFICANTLY less than awesome... blearg.  The rainy season is upon us.  I wasn't quite ready to let go of the small semblance of a summer that we encountered, but the weather RIPPED it from my arms.  Flooding it into fall...

FGR was interesting.  The lead guy (the father) was definitely not as strong as I had wanted him to be.  Not strong enough to carry a show, but the brothers were great!  And one of the women too.  GOD, she was good (in the part I was cast as...ironically), but the other girl?  Oh god, HURT me to watch onstage. Poor posture, poor (over-)acting, no empathy.  She took a part that you are only supposed to like and turned it into something unlikable.  Unknowable.  Alien.  Everyone else found some connection, but hers was completely lost.  Plus, the whole show needed to lose about 15 minutes of time.  I mean, the amount of time everyone took for their "moments" onstage?  All about 1-2 minutes too long.  Cut or shorten those and you have your 15 minutes.  And I think that is direction more than anything. And generally, that's what the show needed, direction, a focus.  I didn't know or identify with who they were or where they were coming from and due to the heightened language this made it extra difficult to understand.  It needed tightening and I hope it happens in a few weeks.

Then we all went out and I lied like the liar that I am and made new friends and reconnected with old ones and had TONS of fun in Ballard, which will forever make me think of Reefer Madness.  I talked about my (completely conceptual) one-woman cabaret, too.  Good night, some progress...just wish the show had been more solid.

Today I did some hot yoga this morning (slightly hungover) and then headed to a coffee date with Sara, which, despite its brevity, was completely lovely.  I just wanna spend more time with her every time we hangout.  Then, I Freaks & Geeks'd it until it was time to head to Breaking the Code at Straw Shop...

To Be CONT...

No comments:

Post a Comment