![]() |
| shirt: LA Made from Nordstrom, sweater: American Eagle, jeans: BDG for Urban, socks: American Eagle, boots: Blowfish from DSW |
Also, I find it odd that everyone observes Labor Day (originally established to celebrate the Labor Unions and blue collar workers, but now usually the launch of summer), Memorial Day (established to celebrate fallen soldiers, but now usually the end of summer), but Veterans Day (celebrating any & all military vets alive & dead) is really only observed by government jobs, banks & the post office? I mean, what does that say about our priorities? Not that I really need a random Thursday off, but I just think it's odd. And I feel the same way about how half of the offices celebrate MLK Day (in Jan) & the other half celebrate Presidents Day (in Feb), but the government, bank & post office observe both. It's just odd. In England, national holidays are called "bank holidays" indicating that they are whenever the bank is closed on what would usually be a business day. American business, get ON THAT! (And don't even get me started on France with their 35-hour, 4-day work weeks and 3-weeks of vacation for everyone each year and they are protesting over raising the retirement age to 62. OURS IS AT 67 (possibly being raised to 69 by 2075)!) We need to stop thinking that our lives revolve around work!
OK, rant over. Sorry...
So, I saw Red Light Winter last night and definitely thought it was worth the rescheduling of my massage. Although I found the ending a little unsatisfying, overall I liked it a lot and the acting and direction were especially top-notch. I think most of my issues came from the script itself primarily in the (sort of predictable) characters. I wanted more from all three of them script-wise, not acting-wise. I felt like the actors were too good for the characters they were inhabiting. I wanted more relationships between all of them and there is only so much you can do without it being written for you. All in all though, very good. Totally worth it. I am glad I was able to see the show.
We have a pickup tonight (why? God only knows since we just saw each other on Mon, but whatevs) and I am seriously hoping it is truncated, so that I can get some laundry done before tomorrow (running low on socks and undies...) Here's hoping!

No comments:
Post a Comment