Friday, October 15, 2010

You Make My Heart Sing

tee: Wild Thing from Urban, sweater: American Eagle, jeans: Levi's, boots: Blowfish from DSW
OK, so as my director to me said after the show "what a difference a blouse makes" and he couldn't be more right.  Basically, we had costume fittings whenever we weren't onstage in the second act and as I was waiting for the costumer to seam rip a shirt that had been previously taken in, I had to make an entrance, so I went in the option I had on: blue "snakeskin" pants, black strappy sandals and a see-through button up.  To say that top was a winner is an understatement.  I think my director was rolling on the floor laughing for 3/4 of my monologue.  Ladies and gentlemen, we had a winner!  All of a sudden, with that insane "rich Candy" outfit and  the fur coat (oh yes, white faux fur, everyone), I was Candy!  LOVE ME SOME COSTUMES!  Plus, it's always fun to be trashy, since I am so put together in real life.

Plus, dear god, these nails are HILARIOUS!  I have filed them down (at first they were so long that I couldn't do anything) and painted them red, but they are still rather ridiculous and SO not me.  I am going to wear them the whole weekend to see what I can and can't do in them and gauge how many extras I need to have cut/painted in case I lose one (or two...)  I'm actually quite excited for the two 10-hour tech days this weekend, which sounds ridiculous, but I really love this show and love that final push when everything really seems to come together, especially in a new work.  It's gonna be a great (albeit LONG) one!

Tonight is my one night off before we open and I will be rushing home to get some laundry started, heading over the the 5th to check out In The Heights and then rushing back home to finish up le laundry... Whew!  Here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment