
Preparing (mentally and physically) for the audition this morning meant there was not time for pictures, but trust me, I look nice. I'm leaving in about an hour and a half to head downtown (in this nasty weather) to fill out paperwork, wait, sing 2 songs for the casting director (and possibly the artistic director) that will hopefully blow their socks off and then mosey on back to work... An actor's work is never done.
I am wearing a dress today despite the torrential downpour outside and I think I look very chic. Both audition-ready and prepared for the weather. I am in a kimono-style blue Zara dress, Urban zebra-striped black stockings, a black tank, and my super old and recently resoled black Steve Madden slouch boots. Due to the crappy weather, I am also wearing my huge floppy tan hat from Urban and my H&M side-zip leather jacket with the scarf from India. It's not necessarily cold out there, just wet.
I am singing Harold Arlen's "I Wonder What Became of Me" and "I Don't Remember Christmas" from Starting Here, Starting Now and I love both of these songs. They are both also relatively new to my audition circuit (I think I've sang each of them at one audition before this), so I am a little nervous, but I love the characters and am excited to get out there and perform them!
A brief idea of the outfit. More to be added when I get home from work.
LOVE!
ReplyDelete