Friday, April 23, 2010

Store Portrait: Zara


This will be a reoccurring column where I will paint a portrait of a store that I have been to in another city/country and would KILL to have here in Seattle.

The first one is Zara. I totally fell in love with this store when I was in New York last Spring. Literally every style of fashion you could want at very decent prices. Their clothes look much more expensive than they actually are and until other stores (H&M, F21) they last and you don't walk down the street and see 10 other people wearing the same thing. AND you can't buy things online either (although according to Stylist that might change in the fall!)... It's like they are telling me to move East...

I bought a number of things at Zara when I was there because it seemed like everything I tried on fit like a dream and I was looking for a bday gift for my sister at the time. I have a great trench, the blue dress I wore earlier this week for my audition and a light blue/grey empire waisted shirt. I also bought a really cute tee that I gave to my sister. And I think the total was under $350, so pretty good if you ask me.

I think the biggest differences between Zara and a lot of the other uber-trendy stores out there are the price and quality. You might be paying more (but not that much more), but the clothes last a lot longer. And look much nicer. When their online retail goes up in the Fall I will definitely hit that up and until then, I will be vying for a brick and mortar store right here in the Emerald City.

No comments:

Post a Comment