Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The Beginning

OK, so here we go!

This is the first of, hopefully, many entries to come, but since I am at work there will be no picture... Or it might come later (in the form of my camera phone taken in the bathroom mirror--classy--AND I did it, classy or not...).

My thought process on this was to find a way that encouraged me to write a bit everyday and also to follow my passion for fashion. Cataloging both my successful combinations and my horrendous failures and ending up with an overall look that is Fashion Faux Passable.

Today's outfit, what I have termed "farm girl chic", is totally one of those thrown together in an exhausted stupor in the morning. I have gotten to that point with my insomnia that while I am tossing and turning at night, I imagine what I am going to wear the next day, making it easier on me in the morning. This is one of those outfits, just not from last night: a new stripped red and white ruffled shirt from H&M, old seethrusoul jeans from Nordstrom, a vintage black cardigan bought from Buffalo Exchange years ago and my maroon Dansko clogs.

I have found that even when I think that I look a little casual (it is Seattle, after all, so that is difficult), accessories are your friends. Even with jeans and a t-shirt, giant earring (my personal go-to) or a big chunky necklace can dress it up and completely change the look. I am also a big fan of cardigans versus hoodies for this reason. AND flats or boots (or really anything) instead of sneakers.

Living in Seattle without a car, I spend a ton of time outside, so my outerwear is JUST as important to my look. I love coats and jackets, scarves and hats. Really anything that punches up my outerwear. Consequently, I am looking for a fun trench-style colorful plaid (or any other fun design) jacket along the lines of this (but in a pattern) or this (but in a color) or even this or this (only, ya know, affordable). But, and this is the most important part, I don't want it to look cheap! I want it to actually keep me warm! So any leads would be great, especially now since they should all be on sale...

No comments:

Post a Comment