Monday, April 19, 2010

A Note on Shoes and Purses




I feel like I should explain myself. It's not that I'm obsessed (OK, I'm a BIT obsessed, mostly with shoes), I just really like them. And I feel like if there is one accessory-like item that can completely change the look of an outfit it is shoes and purses.

They are also the part of an outfit that are most easily exchangeable (I think I like coats/jackets for a similar reason) and therefore the most easily accessible. Plus, when you think about it, the only "designer-like" items I have ever thought about purchasing have fallen into one of these two categories. They usually last more than one season (unless you go out and buy one of these, then you're kinda screwed) and don't get hidden in an outfit like other items of clothing can.

Shoes and purses are also a hard thing to buy cheap without looking cheap. The cheap version never lasts either. I wear the SHIT out of my shoes and carry everything and my mother (hey, she's small) in my purses, so I need them to last. I bet I go through a purse a season, and at least one pair of shoes/boots too.

I just felt like you all needed an explanation as to why almost all of my "COVET" posts have been about shoes or purses. And why I want to join Bag, Borrow or Steal.

1 comment:

  1. Those are quite possibly the most beautiful shoes ever. I agree completely with your "covet" status. Plus, that's EXACTLY the style and color I was talking about getting the other day! If only...

    ReplyDelete