Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The September Issue (of W Magazine)

There is nothing so glorious as a September Issue: the weight, the heft, the hundreds upon hundreds of ad pages, the glimpse into the next big thing... le sigh. Late August is made better because of these issues in my mailbox. I received the September Issue of my W Magazine last Fri night after coming home from Man of La Mancha and I quickly devoured it, pouring over the pages and dog-earring the fashion styles that jump out at me.

The biggest new trend, for me anyway, has to do with the article "My Cup Runneth Over" concerning the resurgence of busty women in fashion and curvy figure-flattering styles on the runway. The whole look seems to come from the styles of the early 60's and the idea that hips and a bust are good things: gloves, capes, cleavage, small wiasts, fuller skirts, boatnecks, inspiration from Brigitte Bardot, Gina Lolobrigida and Raquel Welch. They include Madonna's Dolce & Gabbana campaign and most notably, Marc Jacobs for Louis Viutton--and sidenote, SO AMUSED by these skinny-ass model's attempts at cleavage! Mine put them to shame. SHAME!

So here are the fashions that I hearted from The September Issue of W (Vogue to come):

Marc Jacobs wool coat & Yves Saint Laurent green silk blouse
Oscar de la Renta alpaca coat with fox fur trim & silk faille skirt with Chanel gloves
Chloe's wool and cashmere blouse and pants with velvet tie
Balmain sequined cotton dress and Yves Saint Laurent shoes
Valentino's silk organza dress
Ad pages are harder to come by and harder to find good pictures, but I assure you, if I find any from fall/winter collections I like they will be posted, as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment