
Whew! I fell asleep quickly and slept through the night and awoke (mostly) refreshed! Three cheers for a full night's sleep! (Thank GOD!)
Roomie and I met for a drink and then went to see Ruined last night. And ran into Nicole & Kate from As You! What a wonderful surprise! I love seeing my As You peeps outside of the requisite show times... makes my soul rejoice...
I really liked the show, too. It was definitely dark and intense, but the story was strong and Lynn Nottage did a great job of writing both strong and vulnerably flawed female characters. Plus, I love that they are bringing the show down to South Africa. The one thing that really bothered me (besides the length--I mean, come on, 2.5 hours?! Really?! I am totes fine with 2h 10m or 2h 15m, but for some reason that last quarter hour is AWFUL to me... blearg. Any way, back to the one thing that bothered me...) and it is probably the Brechtian in me, but I REALLY wanted the 2 commanding generals (gov't v rebels) to be played by the same person! I feel like that could have added this great layer to the show. I kept thinking they couldn't do that because there must be a confrontation scene, BUT THERE WASN'T! There would only be 1 relatively quick change also! And I think making the escalating evil on both sides have the same face would have been a great statement in the show as a whole... but whatevs...
Tonight I am planning on heading out to ballet for the first time in many, many months and I'm very excited about it! Gonna try to get back to it especially once my Annex show opens (shows only on Fri & Sat). Split my time b/t ballet and yoga because I definitely saw a difference in my dancing auditions without the consistent dancing each week...
I also went grocery shopping yesterday before the show and seriously, I needed to... Luckily, I now have teh foodz. Unfortunately, I STILL forgot to buy coffee! WTF?! It's been an entire week without it... No good...
Today I am wearing my grey & white pinstriped Fossil seersucker pants, Sperry Top-Siders & royal blue Bellatrix beaded tank both from Nordys and my Mod Cloth grey lace top 3/4 length sleeve sweater. Accessorizing with my cream coral bracelet from Hawaii and my giant gold hoops. PS what you can't see in that picture on the left is the cat rubbing against my ankles and making me laugh RIGHT as the camera was taking the picture... meh, what can you do?
No comments:
Post a Comment