Friday, August 20, 2010

Settle Down Now


Whew! Finally Friday, thank god! Seriously, this week was like molasses... No good. But now I have two full days of (basically) nothing. I mean there are a few things I WANT to do (Lindy, this means you!), but I don't even know if those are gonna happen, so this could end up being a low-key lay in bed all day(s) kind of weekend... **le sigh**

Yesterday, FFOK was awesome. It was my first official night as Princess of FFOK and it rocked! I sang a little "Ease on Down the Road", rocked some harmonies with my FFOK bff on "Holding Out for a Hero", broke out the "Downtown (Skid Row)" from Little Shop and blew the roof off with "I Put a Spell on You"--hearts! I love that I can go to it by myself and just hope people are there because 95% of the time someone I know is there and when there isn't? I make new friends (karaoke is THE best way to do this!). So much love to my FFOK fam!

I also tried to buy groceries for a little cleanse I was gonna do... and then... the blender broke (well, it quite possibly never worked in the first place). BOO! So, now I have all these ingredients for smoothies and no way to make them... Oh wells. I guess I will just try to stick to the veggies options (ya know, excusing the pie I had for breakfast yesterday & today). Good intentions, though!

I also went to Nordstrom Rack beforehand to look for some replacement black sandals for the ones that bit the dust on Sat and BOY HOWDY did I find some! I found some $20 ones! Check 'em out! They are the Steve Madden Kisser sandals in black and I got them for supes on sale. I also ended up buying some Mia boots for only $90! Love them! Can't wait to break both of these bad girls in!

One more week(-ish) off... and then I start rehearsals for Money! Super excited! I can't wait to meet everyone in the cast and start rocking this mother! Plus I get to be the skanky dumb wife and I get to do a North Carolinian accent? Excitement!

Tonight Dani & I are gonna go get dinner (salad for me!) and drinks (water for me!) before heading to see "Man of La Mancha" at Taproot. Go Mike & Don! I so love supporting friends in theatre. Tomorrow I might grab drinks with Carolyn, Kate & Sara (girls of GreenStage unite!) if that was the date they agreed upon (unclear emails) or else head to my ex-lover's (heart my Touchstone!) roomie's bday party for a bit and then try to make it Schmorg... whew! So much for a low-key weekend! Sun is dinner with the mama, seestor and nana! Family Time!

I am wearing my grey Hollister tee (the ONLY thing I own of theirs and it was a gift) with pink & green flowery details, seethrusoul dark denim flares from Nordys, green striped Cardigan sweater and Sperry Top-Siders also from Nordys (seriously, do I go a day without wearing something I bought at Nordstrom?). Somehow last night between grocery shopping and home, I managed to lose my black cocktail & fleur de lis rings, too (sad panda). Seriously, no idea where they ended up... Hopefully, they will turn up somewhere in my apt...

No comments:

Post a Comment