Saturday, June 18, 2011

Helplessness Blues

tee: Zara, tank: Costco, sweater: Parfait from Nordstrom, boots: OTBT from Nordstrom, accessories: Relic watch, black hoops
I am now getting ready to head out to see The Gene Pool (finally).  This show has some of my fav peeps in it and has been on my shortlist to see forever and now I am able to go (ready and willing, maybe not, but at least I have the time).  Although, a big GIANT part of me wishes that I had no plans tonight and could just watch a movie and pass out, I am gonna get my butt out (after all, it IS a Sat and I don't have to work until 11 tomorrow), but the birthday/going away party I was supposed to go to afterwards most likely is NOT gonna happen.  Long days, weeks, months (it can go on forever)...

I am really proud of how well I have stuck to this diet (it's officially day 11!) because the only "cheating" I have done is to make recipes that they have in the back of the pamphlet that came with my drops (even though it says not to mix your veggies), so that's not really cheating, right?  I mean, I just made the BEST (and spiciest) salsa from there.  Boy howdy was it spicy, though. I mean, seriously spicy, which is all my own fault for buying 4 fresh jalepenos and putting all of them in it.  With 2 tablespoons of chili powder.  LOVING IT! Honestly, I am eating such balanced means it almost sickens me. I only have 12 days left on the uber strict diet and then? Freedom!

I am totes gonna cheat tomorrow when la mama and I go out for bday sushi though.  No tuna or salmon?  I THINK NOT.

1 comment:

  1. Fleet Foxes are not the type of band that will initially blow you away. Rather, their music has to be chipped away layer by layer before you feel like you have a grasp on it, which is a great thing for an album's longevity. From that standpoint, their music takes effort to enjoy. It has depth and cannot be taken at face value. While "Helplessness Blues" doesn't initially stand out as a classic album I think it has the potential to grow into an album that will stand the test of time and ultimately end up on a lot of "Best of 2011" lists.

    ReplyDelete