Tuesday, December 28, 2010
World Weary
Last night was the master class and seriously, I should have picked a different song... Totes forgot how high "Stranger" is and tried to belt it and then overcompensated by flailing around... blearg. I should have sang "Man"... Oh wells. She def helped me. Mostly, to remember to do my homework, which I often ignore after I have a song and a cut I like, and that singing a whole song every once in a while helps give the cut its full meaning. Should give me things to work on once I get back with Scott and also once I start dissecting my SUPER-story telling song in Threepenny. I just should have been more prepared.
I totally forgot to talk about how utterly brilliant The King's Speech was, PS. Lindy and I saw it on Sun and seriously it was GOOOD. Colin Firth is completely heartbreaking and Geoffry Rush is brillz as always, but I was most impressed by Helena Bonham-Carter. She was so understated and devoted to her husband overcoming his speech impediment and gaining confidence, not so he could become King, but so that he could be the man she knew he was. Gorgeous. Firth should totes take home the Oscar for this performance (better than A Single Man, although I hearted that movie too) and I hope that she will as well.
Cannot wait to see True Grit tomorrow with Dani. I also need to fit in Rabbit Hole and I'd love to see The Fighter, Blue Valentine and 127 Hours too... Damn you, Oscar season! Too many good movies to catch and not enough time to do it...
I am working though lunch today so that I can pop by home and pick up my package from the deli next door (oh yes, the ENTIRE series of The Wire--OBSESSED!), put the kittehs back in their separate rooms (Tybs REFUSED to stay in my room this morning), change and grab my yoga stuff before heading downtown. Then to my mama's for dinner (extra foodz--YES!).
I learned an important thing about the kittehs last night (again when Tybs refused to be confined to my room when I had to leave for the master class), I think that while he is territorial it is not about space in the apartment, it is about ME. They were totally fine when it was the two of them. I came home and they were both out wandering around, but the second I was there, Tybs started getting aggressive when I paid Frannie any attention... poor girl. I need my roomie to give her some luvin'! Roomie, come home! Let Fran sleep with you! She needs nighttime pets and my kitteh won't share me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment