![]() |
| tee: Husky Holiday Bowl gifted, sweater: Rubbish from Nordstrom gifted (thanks seestor!), pants: jolt from Nordstrom, boots: Zigi Soho from DSW, accessories: purple bracelets, mirror earrings |
Last night Mikaela, Dani & I went to see True Grit and... seriously, SO GOOD! Hailee Steinfeld, who plays Maddie, was ridic good. Standing on par with Matt Damon, Jeff Bridges and Josh Brolin as a 14-year-old. Disgustingly perfectly cast. What surprised all three of us was how small Josh Brolin's part actually was though. He is mentioned/talked about throughout the movie, but his actual screentime is very limited. Kinda cool to be such a huge presence in the story without actually being there all that much. And god, I heart Jeff Bridges (Hey, and PS who hates him? I KNOW I had this convo with someone recently. Because seriously, you are so wrong. He is brillz). Swear to you, you could only understand about half of what he said (you're gonna want the subtitles on for this one, mama), but it totes worked with the character. My only complaint is that the last 10 minutes really seemed to belong to a different movie. It seemed weird and long and totally unnecessary. Don't get me wrong, I loved that things got effed, that shizz went down, but it just seemed to turn the movie into something else entirely and really randomly... Other than that, totes good (dad, you will love it). Definite recommendation.
Also, randomly, when I came home from the movie guess who was under my bed? Not my cat, oh no, HE was on the roomie's down blanket on the couch. The little rabbit mewed and peeked her little head out from under the bed and then proceeded to hangout in my room for a bit. So whatevs, they are clearly getting accustomed to each other. Just a little bit unexpected is all... but good for her.

No comments:
Post a Comment